Our project is going well, and I'm not just bragging. We received a story about Jane Goodall (from a book she wrote years ago) and are essentially supposed to make a compressed version of it for review. That's what the teacher told us, at least. (Well, so I was told by my wonderful project partners who made it to the meeting when I couldn't.) The presentation, when it's through, will compile information about Goodall's childhood, mission in Africa, and how she's still driving her passion into others through activism from afar.
Annie and Joseph have both been extremely helpful and willing in regards to finding content, sharing it, and compromising/expressing ideas. I'm doing my part to dig up facts, pictures, and maybe some videos that we can use in the presentation as well. I am very grateful for their participation.
Throughout this last week, I learned about how horrible it feels to be recovering from sickness and still be getting just a couple hours of sleep per night - if lucky. I learned that downtown Tallahassee is super cute, especially on chilly, sunny days. And I learned that Pitaria has wicked awesome pita fries.
Oh... But education-wise, I learned that "chimpanzee" and "Jane Goodall" might as well be synonyms. Not in an offensive way, but because they are so frequently one in the same. I learned how handy Wiki can be for project coordination purposes. Also, this isn't really new information, but Google is one serious web source powerhouse.
What did you learn?
Blog Journal #10 prompts
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment