Sunday, October 4, 2009

Blog #2 - Oops!

I have wondered for the last several weeks why my blog entries didn't seem to match up with those of my classmates that I've been reading. Finally I realized this weekend that I skipped 2 for 3 and called it 2 and got ahead. In an effort to revise my errors, here is blog #2, a few weeks overdue:


MS Word has been a drastically convenient tool for students since it became the foundational program for papers and projects. The ease of formatting and customization has only increased as we are able to incorporate graphics, charts, and tables with no advanced technical knowledge was surely groundbreaking at the time of development, although that was before my young memory can recall. It was probably the first program that allowed handouts and brochures to be assembled in such a way that they're so "together", which has been monumental for instructors as well for handouts, syllabi, calendars, and grade sheets, to name a few.


Once when observing in a 2nd grade classroom, the teacher had put together a bingo sort of game to apply the lessons students had been learning in their social studies class, and used basic tables to format each game board. I thought this was a simple but creative way to flexibly make Word work for any project!


I have been very happy to become acquainted with the simplicity of MS Word. Even though I might have assumed or known that so many things could be accomplished with it, being able to actually apply it and work with it has certainly been helpful! I especially love the Mail Merge feature and designing with formatting standards and images/word art.

No comments:

Post a Comment