Growing up in a houseful of tech-savvy brothers has been a huge help in my immersion in the technologies of the 21st Century. Everything in my life for as long as I can remember has been centered around hard drives, cables, pixels and bytes. I certainly have less understanding than they do, not to mention less interest, but it has no doubt provided me with the knowledge to click my way out of sticky technological situations. Once a family of countless PC desktops, we are now entirely Mac converted, however, it's true if an individual chooses to pour his life into virtual games, then there is likely a non-Apple product out there for him.
The chart results from the test taught me something in the display itself - I've always known I'm a visual learner, and seeing the graph is a perfect example of how I best comprehend things when they are laid out in image form, or a way for me to visualize it. Had the results been written in words, I wouldn't have been able to (or taken the time to, likely) put together what exactly it meant for me. I hadn't really considered before that I am a "sequential" learner, but it's completely logical seeing as everything needs to be sequential in the rest of my life. Line steps up in order and I'll piece them together and let them fall into place - Whereas if instructions or methods are presented like a jigsaw puzzle disassembled and dumped onto a floor, I couldn't bother knowing where to begin! The exercise certainly helped me realize that I need to pay more attention to attaining all of the necessary steps so that I will better comprehend the big picture!

growing up with technology-savvy brothers is fun! I only have sisters who are into fashion, not much into technology..so it was boring. :)
ReplyDelete